The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

God Luvs a.....

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
II Corinithians 9:6&7

In case you haven't noticed, the economy is kinda crappy and being "broke" is common to the masses. Disclaimer: the following anecdote is not for the sake of being boastful or prideful... This past Saturday God blessed me with the resources to bless my neighbors, a family of 5 going thru some tough times, with some grocieries and encouraging words. Sometimes saying "I'll pray for you" just ain't enuf. When we ask God for help He may be waiting for us to step up our game. Anyways, I gave what I had along with some hugs and went on to my house. The next day the father and his 5 year old son came to the door ringing the bell excitedly. When I opened the 5 year old is beaming as he presents me with a fresh pineapple and some cherries from his grandad's produce. In appreciation he was so happy and proud just to have something to give. It makes me smile to think of his face. God blessed me by showing me how tithing is supposed to look and feel. God gives to us sooooo graciously. Whether is seems like a lot or a little we deserve nothing at all. God doesn't give to hold a favor over our heads but its just anotha way for Him to lavish His love on us. And when we give back its not about math and obligation but rather we should give in honest cheer because it feels good just to have something to give back to an amazing God. I promise that if a pineapple is all you have in comparison to the Lord's cornucopia of blessings the mere thought of you will surely bring a smile to His face.

No comments: