The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

blOg hOdge pOdge

Faith..."This was so that your faith would be in God's power and not in human wisdom."
I Corinthians 2:5
God has held my hand & led me & taught for as long as I can remember but for the first time in my life I am so aware of walking in faith with Him. It is such an odd feeling. I am resting in the proof-washed power of my God, my Saviour. I need much, at least tangibly but I truly lack nothing. I don't feel anxious or upset...of course I slip sometimes thru the day. But...I just have this incredible peace and I own this state of "knowing" that not only is it going to be alright...it's already alright.

Teens...Adolesence =Awkwardness. I don't care who you are. Those teen years and some of the 20's offers a wave of just not feeling right in your skin. No matter your social status, popularity, beauty, talent or lack thereof. Lately, I have been reminded of that feeling...I'm taken back to a time in my youth when even though I had plenty of friends and things, a car, a great family and church and plenty to do I just never felt, ya know, settled...or something. I fit in with any crowd and I could adapt to most situations but somehow I didn't at the same time. Senseless, I know but I thank God for this proverbial thorn in my side because He has, in turn, blessed me with developing a great love and compassion for those awkward teens. We can embrace our inner oddball together. If we can't be "normal" then maybe "strange" is the new "normal"

Music...Still lovin John Legend! My dearest friends and a host of strangers are well aware of that special feeling that consumes me when I hear him sing even if he's just humming on someone else's track. I don't know why I go straight bananas over him. I feel silly. I actually sit in front of the computer squeal and clap when I hear him. He just makes me want to be in love. When he comes, I hope my husband is understanding of this my infatuation. I just can't help myself.

1 comment:

Reverend Mattye Criddell said...

When your husband comes those feeling will disapear and the love you have stored in your heart will no longer search for a temporary resting place but reside in a permenant place the heart and life of the husband God will give.