The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This is me...

Okay, my first day of classes is complete and officially added on to that wonderfully indelible list of "firsts" I spoke to my last professor de jour Dr. Amy Jacober who is this tiny red-headed box of skittles...just soooo fun and eccentric like a good youth ministry worker should be. Anyways, she is the key professor for my concentration for Youth & Student Ministry...my degree is technically MDiv YSM. Like any of you care :)...The class I am taking her for as of now is Theology and Philosophy of Youth ministry. Typical first week for any level of schooling...review the syllabus and manage the formalities. I sat in this last class, the first of many to infuse and shape my own philosophy of Youth Ministry, and I half listen and half internally hyperventilate. I realized for the first time; I mean truly pondered this crucial fact...This is who I am and this is what I do. Seriously, that thought recycled thru my head a million times in 1 hour...I mean, no more biology, micro, organic chemistry, hair loss over the MCAT, dread of residency but a brand new laundry list. I cannot articulate how in God's will and out of the fish bowl I feel. This roller coaster of emotional duality is a bit too loopy and I think I need a brown paper bag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so proud of you. That event though you feel like a fish out of water I can't help but to see that it is really God taking your breath away with his wonders. Stay encouraged.