The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Be still & know

I often refer to God...Jesus...what have you...as logic's rubix cube and the more I do the more He is just that. it makes no sense to quit a job a month before you go to grad school with virtually no savings and sign a lease for an apartment that you have yet to see. I certainly wouldn't advise it. However, these are the stops on this thrilling faith-walk-o-mine. Let me tell you I have been through it this week, THAAARUUUU IT! I have felt the exhilaration of independence and gasp of loneliness all at the same time. I know that God will Provide and there is NO LaCk but I can't help but think about the many bills that are due on the first and not little bills but behemoth ones. So what's a chick to do??? Go to that Word, that's what. Not as easy as you think. Sometimes, as much as I love and trust the Lord and I DO, I don't feel like chatting with him especially when I stand in need and I can't see the resources around me. How conditional we can be at times when he is Siempre Fidelis....siempre!

Early Friday morning I paid my car note and began to hyperventilate. I open my Word to Isaiah desperately looking for a familiar Word and here is what the Lord gave me. He is so awesome!

"Cease striving and know that I am God"~Psalm 46:10

...then He led me to ...

"Remember this, and be assured;

Recall it to mind, you transgressors.
9"Remember the former things long past,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
10Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, 'My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';
11Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man of My purpose from a far country
Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass.
I have planned it, surely I will do it." ~Isaiah 46 8:-11

Verse 11 was written for me! I just broke down and cried... I mean snot and blinding tears, the works. This is God's plan, not mine and He has called me so He won't fail me. That simple. Still have moments of anxiety...wishing I didn't but I know God will provide. He has to for He cannot lie.
Be Encouraged...Be Still

No comments: