The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Don't 4get to look Both Wayz

So I am posting this just because it made me laugh today...Today I went with my family to the launching of Rev. Jacquie Hood-Martin's preaching tour "No Fear" downtown Houston at the Magnolia Ballroom (fantastic venue BTW). It was at 10 this morning. As we stood on the empty street about to go inside a homeless approached my mom and I asking for breakfast money. I instinctively lied and he apologized for "bothering" us and went about his way. I felt like crap. I not only had $7 in my "Coach" bag (insert oooo's & ahhhhh's here) but HELLO! I just got back from a mission trip where I we minstered to the low and dejected for 10 days. I value being non-materialistic and self-sacrificing and there I stand with this ridiculous expensive "bag" and the opportunity to minister and help and I lie...How quickly do we revert back to our old ways?!?

So I start meditating on the scripture that says "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' " Matthew 25:44. I asked God for forgiveness and another opportunity...and also that he would bless that man I rejected with food and shelter.

Well, I went outside to go to the car after the event began privately pleading with God for someone to pass by me that I could bless...I met Carnal Washington who asked for payment if he washed my car. I told him "no" but I would like to treat him to breakfast..."Yes! Thank you Lord!" We chatted about life and God and parted ways.

Please don't misunderstand, I wasn't diggin for a "feel good" moment so I can ring my bell and blow my own whistle. I love Christ and He has been so good to me and I don't want to squander this life by missing an opportunity to glorify Him by loving on someone like he loves on me...

So here's what made me laugh. When I went back out to the car my dad says "Be careful and look out while you are crossing the street" I began to reply, "I just got back from South Africa I can handle downtown." Yet, I digressed and said "O.K. dad". So glad he's looking out for me too.

No comments: