The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Build a Bridge...

One of my most beloved quips is "build a bridge and get over it". With theatrics and all I say it or sing it at least once a week to someone. Thank God, God doesn't have that same attitude with us. A dear friend of mine recently miscarried on her second pregnancy. She is one of the most profoundly dynamic young women I think i will ever meet...just all around a neat person. She said that she just doesn't quite feel herself and is not sure when "normalcy" is supposed to kick-in; also that she feels almost selfish for not wanting to give it anotha go right away. I know what she means... sometimes life just sux. It deals some slightly unfair and unwarranted sucker punches to the best of us just when we think we've got the life thing in check. One of my students has lost both his parents and an aunt within 5 years and doesn't want to grieve for fear of appearing "punkish" (my dear sweetheart) When I suffered some minor (note emphasis in comparison) heartache this year and revisited the source of that heartache I broke down & then I got mad at myself because I thought I was further along in feeling normal than I actually was. I discovered I was still hurt, sad and frustrated. Bummer. Well, God doesn't say build a bridge and get over it He says " I AM the bridge (Christ) and I am here for an eternity to bring you back to God, back to peace, back to joy, back to "normal" no matter how long it takes. Christ doesn't put us on a time clock when it comes to grief. Scripture says: "For He has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one, He has not hidden His face from him but has listened to his cry for help." Psalm 22:24. He doesn't get pissed or peeved when we groan in saddness. He is a very PRESENT help. He is so compassionate and patient. Christ whispers to us: dear one I know it hurts but "Be still and know that I AM GOD" ~Psalm 46:10. Lets keep our eyes and hearts fixed on a loving God who does hear and see every affliction. He will never let go even when we do.

No comments: