The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Monday, June 9, 2008

blOg hOdge pOdge

Bridesmaid Blooze...
So why exactly is it impossible for me to find a perfect "little black dress" under $200 that is wedding appropriate? I am a bridemaid for a bride who so graciously assigned the easiest requirements for a dress possbible~black, A-line, at least knee length. 1,000 stores later and I got nada. Arrrggghhh! ayudame!

Is There a A Slow Motion button on this thing?...
Okay so in November 2007 God called me into seminary & confirmed that I was to go to South Africa....that was what?...yesterday? I leave for Cape Town in a little over a month. As soon as I get back I move to Waco. Orientation is next and then classes start. My dear friend is getting hitched (I'm in that too) the next week. 4 days later I turn 27~ 3 weeks from then my brother's wedding in AZ. I am taking all in strides but I keep having these minor public anxiety attacks which my co-woker finds quite humorous. NOT FUNNY! I feel like Adam Sandler in "Click"~I think my remote is broken.

Church...
Church for me lately has been a war zone; I may be exaggerating. I can't wait to go to a church where I am no where near involved in even the knowledge no less the operations of church politics...(so says the Youth Minister)...yeah right! But really, it can be hard at times. My only respite, thankfully enuf, are my kiddos. As "bad and "unruly" as they are labeled 2 B the youth are the sanest ones in the joint. They are honest to a fault and they challenge me to study and understand the Bible in ways I've never imagined possible...just so that I can preach it to them. It's such a miraculous process. I get a workout every Thursday and Sunday. I am consumed with thoughts of them. I want to save them all or at least let them know they are loved and well thought of. I want to lead each one by hand to their highest potential in Christ and though the knowledge that I can't is my greatest burden they are my greatest joy.

"Work"~yeah, that's what we'll call it...
I learned a new game at work along with Gin, Hearts and Puerto Rican Tequila (all card games). It's called "Snaps" It is so odd and inexplicable that all I can say is I learned how to play. So fun. I'm gonna miss those chicas at BCM.

No comments: