The Randomness that iz mZmO...I have a point, I promise.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Sex & The City? There's Gotta Be More to Life

Okay so I saw the highly anticipated summer cinematic feature film Sex & the City and I have no urge to bust out a hot new dress and go out on the town sipping martinis with 3 of my bestees. (*Sidenote: people actual came to the movie in groups of 3 or 4 completely dolled up) If anything I want to get married now more than ever to avoid such a fate. I remind my godsister time & time again that I will not go lounge hopping with my female friends after the age of 30.... I simply refuse; it's just not a good look. For myself and fellow fans of this HBO series, the movie, I think, was entertaining & a good finale at best. Based on the reactions of the very interactive crowd that joined me in the theater we young women "seem" to hold such a grudge when it comes to love and forgiveness. I mean we all want the "storybook" ending, so to speak, I guess...or maybe that's just me...but...I think that we have become so fearful of that not happening that we cleave to indifference. Hey, I love love love being young and single just lettin it do what it do. However, I can't wait to be swept off my feet by someone who truly sees me and pursues me with all that is in him. Society tells me to if that's what I want then I'm needy, dependent, flighty and I'll have to wait for it. Good thing I look to God to author my destiny. My parents have made marriage look incredibly awesome. Not to appear naive (I've had my fill of heartache & confusion) but I can't wait to see who God has in store for me. He's blown me away in ever other arena in my life why should this be any different? I know it sucks sometimes for years but I'll take marriage over martinis anyday.

No comments: